EMCI awards annual grants up to $3,000 for projects in scientific research, environmental conservation, and local history and culture. All submissions must relate to Eastern Maine and should meet the defined proposal requirements below.
- A cover page with the applicant’s name/email/address, a contact person and the CEO (if different), the project title, and a one-paragraph summary of the project.
- The following detailed sections:
- Overview of the organization, including the mission statement.
- Detailed project description, including a plan, methodologies, and schedule.
- Impact and benefits of project to eastern Maine communities and the potential importance on state level.
- Qualifications of applicant organization and key project personnel.
- Collaboration with and support from other non-profits, educational institutions, and government agencies.
- Plan for disseminating project results and/or work products.
- A complete budget. (Note: Indirect costs are not supported). Also, f project is multi-year, plan for future funding or self-sustainability should be outlined. Please include detailed information on other funds requested or received.
- If applicable, attach documentation of IRS non-profit status.
Proposals should be submitted via email to [email protected] by January 15th. Proposals received after that date will not be considered. Grant recipients will be notified in late February. All grant recipients are required to submit a written report of the project for which EMCI funds are received.