EMCI makes grants ranging from $1,000-$3,000 in the following areas:
- Conservation & Science
- History & Culture
Proposals should be submitted electronically to: [email protected] The deadline each year is January 15. Proposals received after that date cannot be considered. EMCI reviews proposals and makes its decisions in mid- or late February.
For conservation and science proposals:
- Define the problem and provide a statement of a solution that would address the problem.
- Outline the actions planned by the applicant organization.
- State how the applicant organization would work with other involved entities.
- State the applicant organization’s accomplishments, the qualifications of staff working on the project, and how research results will be disseminated to the relevant audience.
- Provide a complete project budget.
For historical and cultural proposals:
- Define the need and provide a detailed plan for what must be accomplished.
- Discuss how the applicant will ensure support from other entities interested in the subject.
- Describe the accomplishments of the applicant organization, the nature and quality of public support for the effort, and the anticipated effect of the project when completed.
- For documentary films or publication of relevant materials, discuss in detail the dissemination plan and educational impact.
- Provide a complete budget.